Pages

Monday, October 9, 2017

Chocolate Collar

I made this sometime back for my aunt's 79th birthday.  It's just chocolate cake sandwiched with chocolate ganache but what I wanted to showcase here was my 'innate' ability to make a chocolate collar :P

Close friends will know that from a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being Sylvia Weinstock (see http://www.sylviaweinstock.com/), my dexterity with cake frosting, decoration and such falls somewhat below 1, so what was I thinking when I thought of making a chocolate collar ... then again, how hard can the following steps be ?

1/ Melt chocolate
2/ Spread chocolate out on parchment paper (measured to fit the diameter of your cake)
3/ Let chocolate harden slightly but not too hard
4/ Wrap cake with it
5/ Carefully peel away parchment paper

Fast forward to a messy kitchen and a messier me ... ta-dah ! Chocolate collar it is ...











No comments:

Post a Comment