Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Bye Bye 2010, Hello 2011

It is time to revisit and take stock of the New Year's resolutions again.  How time flies.

Most of us would know that New Year's resolutions are far easier to make than they are to keep.  Since my resolutions for 2011 are mainly repeats from 2010 (and earlier !), my main resolution this year would be to remain true and to fulfill my resolutions, in particular those made previously :).  For this reason, I've decided to go public with my resolutions, and I ask all of you for your helpful nudges to assist me in achieving them:

(1) Persevere and keep all resolutions made
(2) Return to my exercise program (old resolution from 2010 and before)
(3) Lose some weight (old resolution from 2010 and before)
(4) Attempt not less than 50 new recipes throughout the year (new 2011 resolution)

As you can see, (2) and (3) will balance up with (4) (or rather, (4) is the motivation for (2) and (3)), and (1) is too ensure that the ship (i.e. me) doesn't sink.  It is all about the art of balancing :)

With this, I would like to end my last post for 2010 with this phrase which I feel befits all of us:

"We will open the book.  Its pages are blank.  We are going to put words on them ourselves.  The book is called "Opportunity" and its first chapter is New Year's Day."

- Edith Lovejoy Pierce
Happy New Year, everyone !

No comments:

Post a Comment