Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Vanilla Ice Cream, Philadelphia-style

My good friend, E, hosts a homely Christmas get-together each year.  This year, I decided to contribute desserts in the form of brownies as E has been (vigorously) hinting for some.  And since brownies are best eaten with ice cream, I decided to throw in some vanilla ice cream as well (Truth is, I was testing out a new brownie recipe, and the ice-cream was my back-up plan in case the brownies flopped).  As with the brownies, this recipe is taken from The Perfect Scoop by David Lebovitz.

I chose Philadelphia-style ice cream as I didn't want anything too rich since the brownies are sinful enough.  Unlike the French custard-style, Philadelphia-style ice cream contains no egg yolks and does not require any major cooking. It is based purely on cream, milk and sugar, and is very delicate-tasting.  Perfect with some warm brownies.

1 comment:

  1. excellent ice-cream and brownie....thanks babe! my freezer needs more ice-cream (hint hint!)!

    ReplyDelete