Pages

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Orange Cotton Cheesecake

As I have mentioned previously, every once in awhile, I would rummage through my fridge for a stock clearance exercise.  This time round, I found two unopened blocks of cream cheese.  Two cream cheese at one go is perhaps a bit too indulgent, not to mention, overkill whatever weight loss (or the lack of it) that I have achieved thus far.  As such, I decided to spread the calories, and keep one block for the not-too-distant future :).




This recipe is obtained from Agnes Chang's I Can Bake.  The resultant cheesecake is so fluffy and soft, that I deformed parts of it while unmoulding it from the pan. I like anything that spells cheese, but if you are one that does not like too creamy or rich a cheesecake, this is for you.


You will need:
250 g cream cheese
220 ml fresh milk
100 g butter


A:
70 g plain flour, sifted
20 g corn flour, sifted
60 g castor sugar
6 egg yolks
Grated rind and squeezed juice from 1 orange


B:
6 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
60 g castor sugar


Preparation:
Preheat oven to 150 deg Celsius.


Put cream cheese and milk into a double boiler.  Double boil until the cheese has melted.  Remove from heat, add butter and stir until the butter has melted.  Leave aside to cool.


Add A into cooled cream cheese mixture and stir well to form a batter.


Whisk B until soft peak, and fold into cream cheese mixture.


Line the bottom of a 10 cm square pan with parchment. Pour cake mixture into the pan.  Put pan into a larger roasting pan filled with hot water.  Steam bake for 1.5 hours until golden brown and cooked.


Remove from oven, invert cake onto cake rack, and leave to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment